Assisted Living Alternatives
One alternative for an assisted living community is a residential care home. It provides care to small groups of adults over the age of 60, with most communities having six or less residents.
What Residential Care Communities Usually Offer
- Shared bathroom
- Personal Care
- Help with moving
- Storing Medications
- Medical Services
- Distributing Medications
Our homes provide more care than an assisted living community and less care than a nursing home. One of the biggest differences is the ratio between patients and staff. The ratio is usually four nurses to one patient.
The costs of living at Silverbell Homestead vary depending on:
- Level of care required
- Quality of home
- Type of home
Unfortunately, residential care facilities may not accept Medicare or Medicaid. However they do accept private payment, long-term care insurance and money from Veterans Aid and Attendance.
Furthermore, the average cost of residential care homes ranges from $2,200 a month for a shared bedroom and $3,400 for a private bedroom.
Benefits of Residential Care Communities
- Residents can live normal lives. They’re allowed to go shopping, have visitors, go for walks, go to restaurants and more.
- Living in a residential care home may reduce anxiety because they contain a smaller group of people.
- Residents are served regular nutritious meals throughout the day.
- Usually, the cost of the home is fixed. If the level of care required increases, families won’t have to spend more money.
- Personal and medical care is provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Most married couples are allowed to live together, so they don’t have to worry about separation.
- Many communities offer activities and trips. Some of the activities may include gardening, baking, exercise and more. Some homes may offer therapy and brain training.
If you’d like to contact Silverbell Homestead in Asheville, North Carolina, you can call 828-844-4634 or send an email to [email protected]. Additionally, we don’t only offer residential care. We also offer hospice care and other services.
Assisted Living, residential care home, Silverbell Homestead